Navigation

Hochenschwangau Castle

 

Hochenschwangau Castle was first mentioned in the 12th century. 1832 Crowned Prince Maximilian of Bavaria acquired its ruins and rebuilt the Castle. After King Maximilian’s II death, King Ludwig II of Bavaria and his mother inhabited the Castle. Hochenschwangau Castle is until today owned by the Royal Bavarian Family.

Opening Hours 01.04-30.09 – 9AM-6PM

                        01.10-01.03 – 10AM-4PM